News for the Hospitality Executive
Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort in Antigua, West Indies,
Following a $28 million Resort-wide Transformation;
Juan Pablo Loza Appointed Executive Chef
Antigua, West Indies (December 1, 2009) –Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort reopens today following a $28 million resort-wide transformation. Closed since June 2008, the ultra-luxe, private island resort off the coast of Antigua re-emerges with an array of absolutely brand new enticements. The new Jumby unveils its first-ever Sense, A Rosewood Spa®, 28 new spacious suites, fresh dining experiences in the resort’s new open-air Verandah and bistro-style restaurants executed by recently appointed Executive Chef Juan Pablo Loza, and a pair of new Estate Homes.
Known as the most exclusive resort in the Caribbean, Jumby Bay has developed a reputation for thoroughly pampering its guests. Upon reopening, several new luxury services and amenities will be presented such as a new ‘Privileges of Privacy’ menu offering couples exclusive escapes like private stargazing. Additionally, an enhanced welcome experience at the Jumby Bay dock extends a cool signature-scented towel to refresh and seasonal fruit juice infused with local herbs and spices. While the focus of Jumby Bay has always been on the beauty and tranquility of the Caribbean, the resort renovation combines innovative elements and modern luxuries while staying true to its colonial heritage of the West Indies.
- Sense, A Rosewood Spa®: After years of providing private, in-room massage treatments, Jumby Bay unveils its first-ever stand-alone spa, inspired by the island’s sugar mill ruin. The dreamy open-air retreat welcomes guests to a unique sanctuary where signature treatments, such as the Rumba Scrub and Massage using rum, sugar and coconut, are performed before dramatic ocean views. Designed by Robert Moreland of MCM Design, the spa features five sumptuously designed personal spa suites, including a special Duet suite, all with individual showers, and personal relaxation terraces.
- Newly Built Suites and Fully Enhanced Accommodations: Jumby Bay heightens the guest experience with the enhancement of 40 guest rooms, including 28 newly built and 12 updated suites, just steps from Jumby Bay Beach. Designed by Miami-based IDC, accommodations capture the spirit of a tropical hideaway in romantic British Colonial style. The casual elegance is displayed with vaulted ceilings, four-poster hand-carved mahogany beds, and exquisite al fresco bathrooms featuring blissful rain showers and deep soaking tubs set amid lushly planted private gardens.
- New Executive Chef: Key to the transformation of Jumby Bay is newly appointed Executive Chef Juan Pablo Loza. Hailing from sister property Las Ventanas Al Paraíso, A Rosewood Resort in Los Cabos, Chef Loza takes his mastery of Mexican and Spanish cuisine combined with a uniquely Antiguan flare that highlights locally grown spices, produce, and freshly caught seafood. Chef Loza is developing a new sense of culinary creativity with signature dishes such as Lamb Mojito, inspired by the classic cocktail, and the launch of a Signature Burger Menu including a Lobster Burger with wasabi mayonnaise and Curry Chicken Burger, with carrot salad and mango chutney, to name a few.
- Newly Built and Redesigned Restaurant: - More than a restaurant and bar, The Verandah is the crossroads of Jumby Bay Island, the unofficial clubhouse and hub of the resort. The old Verandah has been replaced with the newly built Verandah Restaurant, an inspired setting for relaxed-yet-elegant dining; now overlooking the beach. Jumby Bay Culinary Experiences,a schedule of hands-on gastronomic classes, will be led by Chef Loza and local Antiguan Chefs in the new display kitchen. The new Verandah Bar and accompanying lounge areas face the sea, creating an air of casual beach chic under cooling ceiling fan.
- The new bistro-style Pool Grille restaurant – the resort’s third dining option – is the place for swimmers and sun worshipers to relax with simple yet healthful fare and refreshing beverages ranging from cocktails to mocktails. The restaurant is located between the Caribbean Sea and Jumby Bay’s dramatic new Oceanfront Infinity Pool
- Estate Homes: The renovation of Jumby Bay adds two new Estate
Homes to the island. Stretching at least 9,750 square-feet, each Estate
Home is distinctively designed to complement the classic Caribbean style
of the resort, with unique pools, state-of-the-art kitchens, expansive
outdoor space, and use of resort services and amenities included.
Reopening rates start at $1,150 per night and are all-inclusive. For more information or to reserve a room at the newly enhanced resort, please contact 888-ROSEWOOD, or Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort at 268-462-6000, or visit www.jumbybayresort.com
About Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort:
About Rosewood Hotels & Resorts:
|Also See:||Executive Chef Anthony Dawodu Goes with Steakhouse Concept at Caneel Bay's Turtle Bay Estate House / December 2008|
|Jumby Bay Island Company Appoints Rosewood to Manage the 39 room Jumby Bay Resort, Antigua / April 2002|