News for the Hospitality Executive
Hawthorn Suites Unveils New Prototype Guest Suite Design
|ATLANTA (Feb. 25, 2008) – To respond to the needs of extended-stay
guests who want an extension of their home in their hotel, Hawthorn Suites
– the all-suites hotel brand with more than 100 hotels open or under construction
in the U.S., Australia, Dubai, Kuwait and Turkey – has debuted new, sleek
guest suite design schemes and color-coordinated palettes. Tomorrow’s
Hawthorn Suites utilizes the current footprint, but is designed to create
a comfortable, home-like environment. In addition to launching the
concept at all new Hawthorn Suites hotels worldwide, the designs can be
easily integrated into existing hotels.
Designs and layout options have been created for the brand’s King, Double-Queen and Studio Suites. Public areas including the lobby, corridors and Hawthorn Room and its complimentary hot buffet breakfast area are also being redesigned to incorporate the selected color-coordinated palette and provide a consistent theme throughout the hotel. All are being created to accommodate local market preferences and minimize the burden of decision-making for owners and franchisees who are building or updating their hotels.
“Hawthorn Suites’ new designs have brought the comfort, convenience and ambiance of our guests’ homes one step closer,” said Roy E. Flora, Chief Operating Officer of US Franchise Systems, Inc., parent company of the franchisor of the Hawthorn Suites hotel brand. “The new design is in perfect harmony with the needs of our extended-stay customers, providing contemporary technology and comfort in a warm, home-like environment.”
With softer, more free forms and contemporary lines and angles, the overall redesign has subdivided the existing space into five efficient “zones” and is available in five color-coordinated palettes. For example, the “Hawthorn” color scheme, inspired by the brand’s signature colors of green and yellow, combines colors of nature with natural elements and accents of copper and bronze, to promote a feeling of tranquility and relaxation. Another scheme known as “Loft” casts a hip, modern vibe with tones of blue, taupe and green to create the restful yet refreshing feel of a contemporary urban loft.
Adding to the altogether contemporary and inviting environment, thoughtful details are prevalent throughout, be they punches of colors to designate the different zones, angled walls to bring dimension to the space, sepia print collage pieces of art with regional photography, soft modern lighting, or granite countertops and glass mosaic tiles. In addition, Hawthorn Suites’ nature-like “tree” logo is utilized in various renditions to create a natural ambiance, as are recycled ‘Green’ fabrics.
Hawthorn Suites’ new design, with its five zones, includes:
1. The Sleep Zone – Hawthorn Suites’ new Sweet Suite™ bed provides a great night’s sleep with plush pillow-top mattress with crisp, high thread count linens with triple sheeting and duvet, fitted bed skirt, decorative bed scarf and Euro pillows. This zone also boasts a 32”flat screen TV and contemporary graphic patterns on the floor, in contrast to the crisp look of the bed.
2. The Cleansing Zone – The expanded bath, especially ideal for women travelers, features a double curved granite vanity with dual sinks, custom-designed mirrors and lighting, glass enclosed shower (in the King Suite), large porcelain tiles, and an outside semi-private vanity for added convenience (in the Double Suite).
3. The Relaxation Zone – This area features a comfortable L-shaped sofa with attached chaise in a soft chenille fabric that opens to a bed, and another large flat screen TV, ideal for relaxing.
4. The Flex Zone –. Here, guests can relax, play or power-up and get to work, online and off (and take advantage of Hawthorn Suites’ free WIFI access, easily accessible power and data ports). A down-to-business ergonomic desk chair, along with a bar-height table and comfortable café stools provide space for working, eating, or both.
5. The Chef Zone – The large L-shaped kitchen accommodates stainless steel-look appliances including a microwave, refrigerator, sink and coffee maker in a distinctive, café-like setting with sleek granite countertops, porcelain floor tiles, and easy-to-reach cabinetry.
Hawthorn Suites’ new design was created by the brand’s Design Director Bijal Patel, a recent Savannah College of Art and Design-Atlanta, GA (SCAD) graduate and one of the finalists in last year’s redesign competition with SCAD, which led to the creation of a new prototype for USFS’ Microtel Inns & Suites brand.
About Hawthorn Suites
Hawthorn Suites are all-suites, extended stay hotels with spacious one-bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens and studio suites with wet bars. Numerous value-added comforts for leisure and business travelers alike include daily complimentary hot breakfast buffet and Wednesday evening social hour, free high-speed Internet (wired and wireless) access, telephones with high-speed data access and voice mail; free expanded cable television with HBO, CNN, ESPN and pay-per-view, and daily complimentary newspaper. Most hotels feature meeting space, swimming pool, exercise facilities, guest laundry, on-site convenience store, valet and grocery shopping services.
Guests can earn free nights at Hawthorn Suites and other Hyatt hotel brands by taking advantage of Hawthorn Suites’ partnership in the Hyatt Gold Passport® frequency program. Reservations may be booked online at www.hawthorn.com or by calling 1-800-527-1133 or TDD 800-824-2116 toll-free. All Hawthorn Suites properties are independently owned and operated.
|Also See:||The New Microtel Suite Prototype an Outgrowth of Interior Design Students at the Savannah College of Art and Design, Microtel Franchisees and Guests; A New Standard for Economy Hotels / November 2007|
|Innkeepers USA Opens the Embassy Suites Valencia; California Property Features Brand’s New Prototype Design / November 2007|