Hotel Online  Special Report

advertisement
..
..
Fran Brasseux and Jason Smith Appointed to Newly-created Executive Positions with Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International

.

MCLEAN, VA (June 3, 2004) – To fill two newly-created executive positions, the Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International ( HSMAI) announced the promotion of 24-year industry veteran Fran Brasseux to Executive Vice President of HSMAI and Executive Director of the HSMAI Foundation from her prior position of Vice President of Chapter Relations & Membership, HSMAI, The Americas, and Jason Smith to Vice President of Communications from his previous post as Director of Communications.

“From both a content provider and membership growth standpoint, HSMAI has seen remarkable growth over the past year, which was greatly impacted by the dedication and creativity of these two individuals,” says Robert A. Gilbert, CHME, CHA, president and CEO of HSMAI. 

“With these added responsibilities, and given their tremendous talent and commitment, we look forward to their role in spearheading truly original and innovative initiatives that will significantly impact the organization, its Foundation, and value to our members.”  

In her new position, Fran Brasseux will take on the leadership role of the HSMAI Foundation to provide governance and direction for the its fund-raising efforts as well as work with the HSMAI Research Advisory Council to direct and facilitate the agreed-upon HSMAI Foundation research and projects.  In addition to her present responsibilities as head of all membership activities, she will be charged with all aspects of the marketing and branding of HSMAI.

Before joining HSMAI in early 2003, for more than 11 years Brasseux worked for Forte Hotel Group, London, England, a $5.8 billion company with over 800 properties.  Starting as the national director of incentive sales in 1991, she was promoted to vice president, central region in 1993, to vice president of the eastern region in 1995, and to senior vice president of sales & marketing, the Americas in 1996.  As senior vice president, Brasseux was responsible for the sales and marketing management of the Americas, including all hotel and regional sales, marketing programs, reservations and public relations.

In his new role, Jason Smith is responsible for the association’s overall messaging and marketing communications, as well as managing the HSMAI Web site, overseeing Foundation research projects, and directing the creative efforts of the external PR firm and advertising agency.

Prior to joining HSMAI, Smith held various communications positions, including director of creative services at Sodexho Marriott Services; editorial director for the National Restaurant Association; and managing editor at Enterprise Communications.  He began his career as a writer and editor at USA Today.

HSMAI is an international organization of sales and marketing professionals representing all segments of the hospitality industry.  With a strong focus on education, HSMAI has become the industry champion in identifying and communicating trends in the hospitality industry, while operating as a leading voice for both hospitality and sales and marketing management disciplines.  Founded in 1927, HSMAI is an individual membership organization comprising nearly 7,000 members worldwide, with 41 chapters in the Americas region.


 
Contact:

HSMAI
8201 Greensboro Drive, Suite 300, 
McLean, VA 22102, 
phone (703) 610-9024
www.hsmai.org

Also See: HSMAI Survey of 7,000 Members Reveals the 'Top 10 Issues of Concern' Facing Sales and Marketing Executives / February 2004
Hotel Branded Web Sites Capture 75% of Internet Reservations, Third Party and GDS Sites Share the Remaining 25% / HSMAI and Smith Travel Research Survey / April 2004


To search Hotel Online data base of News and Trends Go to Hotel.Online Search

Home | Welcome! | Hospitality News | Classifieds | Catalogs & Pricing | Viewpoint Forum | Ideas/Trends
Please contact Hotel.Online with your comments and suggestions.